CCNP Security, an acronym for Cisco Certified Network Professional Security is a certification program which is associated exclusively to the job role of the Web Security Engineer accountable for security in networking devices/appliances, routers & switches as well as in selecting, deploying, supporting and trouble-shooting the Firewalls, VPNS, IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
To attain the Cisco CCNP security certification, one must pass the following exams:
· 300-208 SISAS (Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions)
· 300-206 SENSS (Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions)
· 300-209 SIMOS (Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions)
· 300-210 SITCS (Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions )
CCNP Security certification has a long list of advantages attached to it.
· It is the third level of accreditation for a candidate following the Cisco certification track.
· Can easily be followed by the expert level CCIE and architect level CCArc.
· It is best suited course for network analyst &engineer, system engineer and IT team leader.
· Safeguarding data going through a shared or public network setting by utilizing and managing VPN solutions from Cisco.
· Setting up advanced security solutions to reduce external threats and secure network devices.
· Understanding and Deploying Cisco secure access techniques.
A valid CCNA Security certification or any CCIE certification work as prerequisite.
300-208 SISAS: This exam tests the knowledge of a network security engineer about the components and architecture of secure access by utilizing 802.1X & Cisco TrustSec. Knowledge about overall network threat mitigation & endpoint control solutions is also assessed. The test includes the fundamental concepts of bring your own device (BYOD) using posture and profiling services of ISE.
300-206 SENSS: This exam tests the knowledge of security engineers to customize and implement security on Cisco network devices such as a Cisco switch, Cisco router, and Cisco ASA firewall. This exam focuses on the technologies used to strengthen security of a network perimeter such as NAT, ASA policy and application inspect, and a zone-based firewall on Cisco routers.
300-209SIMOS: This exam tests a network security engineer’s knowledge and capability on the variety of Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions. This exam assesses the trainee knowledge necessary to properly implement highly secure remote communications through VPN technology.
300-210 SITCS: This exam tests hands on advanced firewall architecture and configuration with the Cisco next-generation firewall.The candidate has to give separate exam for each module.Simulated tests and lab software also comprises part of exam training kit.The time period or duration of exam is 90 minute. There are 65-75 questions in modules 300-206 SENSS, 300-209 SIMOS and 300-210 SITCS. In 300-208 SISAS exam there are 55-65 questions. The candidates can opt for any language out of English and Japanese.